5 Oct 2011

Visual Communication

We started a new unit today with Ian, concluding the fine art classes with Greg that we had over the last few weeks. The brief we were giving is pretty open ended and ultimately we can proceed as we wish, with the origin being the summer project, as with the other units in the diagnostic term.

The summer project for me did not yield a great deal of ideas that I found all that useful, and I began writing into my journal a number of ideas and phrases in a stream of conciousness sort of manner, few of which had a any kind of profound meaning for me. I filled a page with words, and as I went on I started thinking more about the events and feelings I was experiencing at the time the summer project was given to us. At the time, I was still working full-time in a job I did not enjoy, and as I started to develop this thought-process, there was something of a flood of feelings, mainly negative, that spilled onto the page. Later, I decided that this was a direction that would perhaps yield more interesting results than to directly follow the lead of the summer project itself.

Amongst the words and phrases I wrote down in the second half of this development period was the phrase 'Non Disclosure Agreement'. For me, this phrase has a variety of connotations and meanings beyond the literal, and I decided to expand specifically upon this phrase.