22 Sept 2011

Fine art session notes

Started with several A5 sketches based upon last weeks 3D project, in a variety of drawing styles - including continuous line drawing, on paper covered in emulsioon paint (the paper kept tearing, wasn’t impressed), with fineliner, charcoal, negative space, etc. We then combined elements of these drawings into a larger ‘master drawing’ at A2 size. I mainly worked in charcoal, with some graphite use to mark out rough lines. Didn’t get through as much of the piece as I would have liked but I will bring it home to continue and finish there before next week. I intend to incorporate other elements except charcoal but I’m unsure what as of yet. I have been using a stencil effect to create lines, namely curves, which works very effectively and is reminiscent of the curves of the cable-ties and bundles of cocktail sticks.