28 Sept 2011

Life drawing journal notes



Today we covered monocular drawing, with the aim of improving and perfecting proportion, accuracy and the relationships of parts to one another. This was more challenging in many ways than the more freehand, expressive way that we are all more accustomed to, and everybody found this to be fairly difficult. Some people found it to be more rewarding than others, and personally I found that after a while, this method did indeed help bring things to a better level. I do still have an issue with framing, keeping the entire ‘image’ within the boundaries of the paper, but this was improved today over previous drawings in the past few weeks. I found I made things a bit more diffiocult also because I had forgotten to bring my own pencil supply, meaning i had to use whatever was available, in this case an orange pencil. If I had a second colkour, oor a proper pencil or graphite stick, I couold have nforced some of the lines and this would have improved the clarity of the drawing.